[CQ-Contest] If You Don't QSL, LISTEN UP!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] If You Don't QSL, LISTEN UP!
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon Aug 4 21:54:59 2003
At 05:45 PM 8/4/03 -0400, Nat Heatwole wrote:
>If Hiram Percy Maxim was alive today, I can only imagine what he would
>have to say about people that religiously don't QSL. But regardless of
>what the OM would say, here's what I have to say: if you don't QSL, your
>hurting both yourself and contesting; you're killing your rate and
>you're slowing down mine simultaneously.

I couldn't agree more, but I'd hesitate to take one guy's note as
indicative of a general problem.  Most contesters I know WILL reply to an
SASE, or even to a QSL from a US station sent direct without one.  I
operate SS every year, which generates a lot of cards, and I always QSL,
though not always right away.  Logbook of the World is another part of the
solution to this problem; I wonder when it will go operational.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 17 June 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm