Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: QSO B4

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: QSO B4
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 03 Sep 2003 23:31:51 -0500
On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 17:14, DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL wrote:
> Over the years (decades) I've found that "just tune on by" works for me.  If
> they don't sign in 2 calls...I'm gone.
>
> What happens if you call a "non-signer" and work him and he still does not
> sign his call?  What do you log?  Now you are LOCKED to that frequency until
> he signs.  Yuck.

Will probably regret prolonging this debate but...

Since when are you locked to that frequency?  If he doesn't sign, I log
*nothing* - I scratch the QSO and go elsewhere.  [0]  As Barry says, if
he was a dupe we both wasted a few seconds; if he wasn't, I waste a few
seconds and he gets a penalty.  Hard to argue with that.

[0] OK, if he sent Zone 26 I might make an exception.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66