[CQ-Contest] Uniques: ALL the answers

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Uniques: ALL the answers
From: DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL <kr2q@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 07:47:25 -0400
Dear debaters and conjecturers:

It's amazing how threads take on a life of their own....

Anyhow, prompted by Stu's latest post, I will be incredibly magnanimous
(TIC).  You can find ALL the answers (at least for CQWW) at:

http://www.cqww.com/cqwwubn.htm

Don't guess or assume...look it up!  These "answers" have been available
"forever."

If any of you want to debate whether or not the rules of any particular
contest (I think this thread started with the LZ "rules"), write to the
sponsor.

I recall when the CQ-M did not count any qso's you made if the other "half"
of your qso did not submit a log.  Fair?  Hardly seemed that way...but those
were the rules and if you submitted a log, you knew that ahead of time (or
should have known).  A bunch of "us" thought that this particular rule was
not very real-world and, as best as I can recall, after some discussion,
Russian-speaking Ed Kritsky-NT2X contacted them about the suggested "fix"
(mid to late 80's?).

Some contests make changes due to external suggestions.  Some make changes
when apparent "loopholes" or "new technology" mandate new rules or
categories.  Many to both.  Over the long haul, "Rules" certainly appear to
be dynamic.  But in ALL cases, the entrant should (must) know the rules of
whatever event they are entering.

Hope the web-page link helps clear things up.

de Doug KR2Q