Re: [CQ-Contest] LoTW and security

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LoTW and security
From: K4SB <k4sb@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:34:28 +0000
Mike Gilmer - N2MG wrote:
> I have to explain this to eHam users on a regular
> basis.  Without first snail mailing each new user
> using his FCC address to verify the individual (which
> we obviously do not do), we have no way to know that
> W1ABC or N2MG or anyone else is whom they say they
> are.
snipped--------------

And I suggest the ARRL could well have used it's own membership files
for a great number of call registrations upon email request. Or do
they believe ARRL members use fake addresses and calls to receive QST?

Proper identification could have been confirmed merely by the
inclusion of the address
label from QST.

Paranoia is one thing,and to maintain the integrity of DXCC,
acceptable. Stupidity is not.

73
Ed