RE: [CQ-Contest] if you didn't like the last one...

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] if you didn't like the last one...
From: "Robert McGwier" <rwmcgwier@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:53:33 -0000
The only solution is digital signatures assigned to call
signs be required to sign in to the clusters, otherwise the
cheating that Dave has so clearly demonstrated (why anyone called
it hypothetical or innuendo I don't understand) with
substitute call signs, connections to out of area clusters,
etc. will continue to occur.  Nothing like prohibition works,
that manufacturers the inevitable Al Capone's and Medellin
cartels, so the solution is to disable cheating by forcing
identifcation to connect.  Without this, we might as well
throw up our hands and tell Dave to stop pointing it out.

I would despise the job of administering this but I see no
other real way out of the mess.

Bob
N4HY