Re: Fw: [CQ-Contest] Timing is everything - Secrets of the FQP # 1

To: CQ-CONTEST <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: [CQ-Contest] Timing is everything - Secrets of the FQP # 1
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:08:50 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, k7qq wrote:

> Quack's
> I thought we had been spamed by the kh2 gang but this one TOPs anything they
> have attempted.
>
> CU all in SS

I don't see anything wrong with his announcement.  He didn't specifically
go soliciting for QSO's, he just announced the contest and the website
for more info.

I do find this a hilarious statement!  Man has been around for at least
50,000 years without computers, and only 25 years with the pc. Internet
has been the growing child for only 10 years maybe.  (Remember those
landline BBS's that were forerunners of Internet?)  So if we have
managed to live, survive and contest without computers, I think we can
find a way to make it without them now.  I still log on paper for
everything except contests, and then only because it is so easy to submit
my logs electronically.  Sure, I like computers and the time and energy
they save. But I keep thinking about what would happen if some unpredicted
energy source wiped them all out like the EMP weapons the gummint has
been working on.  One RAELLY BIG hiccup from the sun could take a lot of
electronics out!

73, Zack W9SZ