[CQ-Contest] Propagation Update - CQ WW SSB - 25-X-03

To: CQ_Contesting <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Propagation Update - CQ WW SSB - 25-X-03
From: Tomas (NW7US) <nw7us@hfradio.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:18:22 -0700
Well,

where's the beef?  Er, where's the storm?

Just as I had predicted, the bands are hopping, today.  I live in a valley
surrounded by mountains on three sides.  I use a dipole antenna.  I am hearing
many stations on 10 meters, even more on 15, and a huge amount on 20.  I have
worked N/S paths, like TI5A and LT1F, on 10 meters.  They report propagation as
being moderate to good.

At the time of my writing this, the figures are:

10.7-cm Flux: 191
Ap: 36
Kp: 3 (36 nT)
Solar Wind: 511 km/s at 2.2 protons/cm3
On 2003 Oct 25 1813Z: Bz: 10.8 nT

Looking at the trend of the Kp at several reporting locations, the highest was
5, most were 3 or 4, since last night.

The latest flare was a C-class.  There is a chance, still, of a more powerful
flare.  So far, though, we have had great sailing.

How're conditions for you, at your location?

73 de Tomas, NW7US (AAR0JA/AAM0EWA)
--
: Propagation Editor, CQ/CQ VHF/Popular Communications Magazines :
: http://hfradio.org/ -- http://prop.hfradio.org/ -- Brinnon, WA :