[CQ-Contest] Aren't M/Ms annoying?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Aren't M/Ms annoying?
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:19:58 -0500
W2UP wrote :

<Not only do they hog the band edges all weekend, but they move
<stations to another band when you want to work them!

  I can understand Barry's frustration but it's unfair to blame only the M/M's
for hogging band edges and moving stations. I heard plenty of well known calls
this weekend -- that were not M/M -- on the band edges and prime frequencies
lower in the band. These guys have spend time and $$ to competitive enough to
fight it out for these prime freguencies so they deserve them...

  I think the real problem is people just need to use proper contest etiquitte
and not ask stations to move when they are in the middle of a run. Personally,
I find that packet spotting and the pileups that it creates to be more
annoying.

 M/M offers many advantages such as training new contest operators and offering
a place to operate for those with small stations to feel like a "big gun" for
the weekend .

                                73  Jeff  KU8E