RE: [CQ-Contest] Update - Propagation today, tomorrow,

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Update - Propagation today, tomorrow,
From: Joe Fitzgerald <jfitzgerald@alum.wpi.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:29:02 -0500

I wonder if researchers could get access to the LOTW, in addition to contest weekend logs, to get a full picture of what communications were possible during a particular time.

   Unfortunately, it's only a partial answer, since most people don't record
accurate signal strength or station configurations
against each QSO.

-- Eric K3NA

The biggest problem with analyzing contest logs is that we only log the _first time_ communication can be established. Any other possible contacts later in the weekend with a given station are not logged. Like I always say, once you work that jucy multiplier, he is just QRM for the rest of the weekend.

-Joe KM1P