[CQ-Contest] recommendation for 160m and 80m

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] recommendation for 160m and 80m
From: "Rick Dougherty NQ4I" <nq4i@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:44:03 -0000
Hello all...at the NQ4I M-M in CQWW SSB we had the privilege to use some new
beverage parts..I have installed all DX-Engineering(W8JI built) beverage
components...i.e. using the concept of ladder line for the beverage...then
all  one needs is a near end device and a far end device....this allows both
directions at one time...then in the shack the signal is pre-amped and then
split and distributed to the different stations..the noise reduction from
the transmitting antenna is on the order of 5-6 S units....having never had
beverages before the difference between the transmitting antenna and the
beverages for rcv were amazing...the 80m operator commented that he could
not hear deep Pacific stations without the beverage...and signal levels of
Eu stations are at a new level never before....I will be installing more of
these systems at NQ4I in the future...they are hardy in design,they perform
excellent in high rf environment...and are easy to install.... Its my
understanding that Tom W8JI is designing a small rxing 4 sq for 10m,15m,and
20m...it will be used at this qth to help listen on the same band as the
running station...( I have no affiliation, and receive no compensation from
DXEngineering) .....de Rick NQ4I