Re: [CQ-Contest] SS CW: Asking for Precedence

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS CW: Asking for Precedence
From: Bill <Bill@ng3k.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:45:21 -0500
Pete Smith wrote:

Speaking of beefs -- I send "472?" He sends "crash growl QRM 4 crash 2." Now you tell me, was it really 472 or some thing else? Did I have it right or not? Please folks, when someone asks you to confirm, and he has the exchange element correct, JUST send "R."

Ah, but there's another possibility here. If I couldn't fully copy your request for confirmation, the I have nothing better to do than repeat the serial number completely. This happened to me on at least a couple of instances durring SS CW. But of course Pete is right: If I did reliably copy the request, then I should send "R" assuming you have it right, which is my wont.

Bill/NG3K