[CQ-Contest] LT1F Tornado Damage

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] LT1F Tornado Damage
From: Greg Fox <ke9r@ke9r.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:44:59 -0800 (PST)
A tornado struck the LT1F M/M on 11 Nov 2003, causing
three complete tower failures. All 160/80/40/20
antennas were destroyed. The three towers that fell
were 45 meters, 35 meters, and 15 meters in height.
These towers held the 20m, 40m, and tribander antenna
systems. Antennas lost where a 3el 40m, 6el 10m,
4/4/4el 20m, 7el VHF, vertical VHF, 3 el 80m wire for
EU, 2el 80m wire for US, and a dipole for 160m.

I'm sure all of you have heard LT1F's massive presence
during major contests. Not only did LT1F provide
record setting scores and friendly competition year
after year, but also was a rallying point for
excellent ops in the LU#F area.

Please join me in expressing sympathy for this. The
Bad Power/LT1F boys will rebuild, and do it as they
can, but they surely could use your help, however you
can provide it. Please email Lucas, LU1FAM at
lu1fam@yahoo.com he will forward everything on to the
whole LT1F team.

For the good of contesting as a whole, we can only
hope to hear them QRV again soon.

Photos are available at:
???????
http://public.fotki.com/crvsnc/radio/lt1f_tower_failures/