Re: [CQ-Contest] Link to Monster 80M yagi found!

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Link to Monster 80M yagi found!
From: Bob Naumann - N5NJ <n5nj@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:28:54 -0600
Tom,

I'm sure you remember the 4 element KLM 80 that we had installed at K2GL back
in the early 80's at 200'.  It was featured in the film by KU2M called "To Win
the World" and regrettably, it only lasted 5 weeks in the air.  We worked the
CQ SSB and CW contests with it, and the next week it fell apart.

It was replaced by a 3 element Telrex that was much more durable, but neither
antenna used full size elements.

I think an OH has a full size 80 up too.

73,
Bob N5NJ