Re: [CQ-Contest] Band edge --- how do you warn a guy?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Band edge --- how do you warn a guy?
From: "David L. Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:14:27 -0500
I agree with K0HB.  I don't think anyone in the USA should operate within 3
khz of ANY band edge on SSB!   Not only will a FCC pink slip DQ you but a
couple of ARRL OO reports will do the trick.

Perhaps in the future the band edge will be softer what with the new CW
rules.  Other countries laught at us over this.  I posted a note about a JA
operating from Hawaii on 18110 USB that he was out of band and that anyone
working him (he was working mainly JA) was also out of band.  Several JA's
replied that 18110 was Ok there as did several in Europe.

73 Dave K4JRB