[CQ-Contest] POPKIN GRAMS

Subject: [CQ-Contest] POPKIN GRAMS
From: "Chuck" <k3ft@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:35:57 -0500
Replace 'WAS' with 'IS' and you shall be correct. Dave Popkin is still
around and his (in)famous 'Popkin Grams' are not only  legend BUT true, to
this day.

When I worked for the FCC, in the Enforcement Division both at DC and
Laurel, MD. Dave was well-known for his sticklerism with the band edges.  As
an OO he had many pre-made 'band edge' notices already done with only the
personal information needed to complete the notice.  He is a guy who is
quite active with the OO program and is either (depending on your point of
view) viewed with good thoughts or simply smiled about when mentioned.

Those who have related the PG story to me have told/shown me notices where
there were rubber-stamped notices which always brought a smile to my face as
I pictured Dave sitting there, stamping cards for about 1 hour getting ready
for the next contest! HI.

73

Chuck K3FT

:-)