Re: [CQ-Contest] Comments from VY1JA - NT

To: "Chuck" <k3ft@erols.com>,"PVRC Reflector" <pvrc@mailman.qth.net>,"CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Comments from VY1JA - NT
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:11:44 -0000
Gee whiz, I remember, in the not to distant past, when we went for years
without NWT, maybe 1 station from WV and ME. At least now the only section
with limited participation is NWT and Jay is doing everything humanly
possible to insure we have it during ARRL contests.
I was very disappointed with Jay's original posting when Jay listed ways to
help work him. Jay said: "1. Watch the posts and work us immediately so that
the frequency is not stolen." Not number 3 or 4 but number 1. I have, over
the years, worked Jay during various ARRL contests, there are even a couple
confirmed on LOTW, and I 'NEVER' used packet to work him. I had a contest
contact in the late 80's, or early 90's, where Jay answered my CQ. I hold
contacts, like those, very dearly because I got NWT on my own, without
packet telling me how to find my contacts.
The world is not going to end because someone didn't get a 'Clean-Sweep',
using packet to find all the sections. Some of you might try SS without
packet and see if you're clever enough to get close to a 'Sweep'.

MAL                N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
www.citlink.net/~suzyq/N7mal.htm
www.geocities.com/n7mal