Re: [CQ-Contest] KP4 hours of daylight

To: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KP4 hours of daylight
From: "Felipe J. Hernandez" <felipe@isla.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:33:10 -0400
ahh Here we go again....

I get 50 requests of SS  operations every year. So I know the subject...
Here are my honest comments regarding this.

 SS is a domestic contest... I  think that PR and all other outside
locations shouldnt count the same way.
and  a different  category should be established for outside continental
USA.
Its been said that Rich is not a true SS operator...and hes not completely
skilled to win the contest, well I dont know enought
of it to say true or false... something I can say is that success is
measured by two things.

Hardwork and skill.... Skill I dont know since Im not a sweepstaker, I think
skill today is measured on two radio use
and knowledge of the SStakers behaviour, as per hardwork, well I spent some
time listening to Rich
and let me tell you he worked very hard for every QSO..(reminds me of K4XS
one of the hardest working operators I've heard) Explaining with detail the
contest and how to proceed for those new operators that called... that has a
lot of value.
I think he did earn his price with hardwork as per all the other conditions
I dont know..
For next year , we can do a SS WRTC in Puerto Rico so the big guys can
compete.

73's

Felipe
NP4Z/KP3Zh