[CQ-Contest] SS KP4 et all

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS KP4 et all
From: K5NZ@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:08:49 EST
>From KE3Q Post.....

First, WA3FET told me that this popular annual subject had come up again and
he and I agreed it was best if we stayed out of it.  He did note to me that
most of the comments were supportive of me/us,

Just for the record... the direct response I have received about the subject
is 4 to 1 and it was not in support of KE3Q unfortunately... I will say it is
interesting that the ones not in favor of the yearly KP4 run don't also post
their comments to the reflector.  That's ok.. I love to stir up the silent
majority and take the heat to boot!

I'm just interested in hearing the different views on the subject... The only
advantage I can really see is that DX would have the effect of the casual
op/dxer calling in to work the dx and not bother with working others in SS.

I will make note that some of your supporters on the reflector suggested that
you would do almost as well from W9 or anywhere else for that matter.  I
think we could arrange a guest op from W5 or W9 to test this theory whenever
you
would like to prove the point and make all eat crow!  Hey maybe a trade off..
KE3Q op from K5TR for SS CW and K5TR op from WP3R for SSB ?

Bottom line, hats off to anyone who can win SS from anywhere! I can't even
finish the damn thing!  : )

Good luck in WW all...

nz