Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Computer

To: "CQ Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Computer
From: us4lgw <us4lgw@cstel.com.ua>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:15:29 +0300
Hello K0HB,

Your Win98 Compaq 345/128M computer is really nice for any kind of
contestinng (running any logging program: CT, CTWin, TR etc.). We
(UT7L contest team) use 166 - 233 Intel computers (32 RAM) even Ethernet
networked for all
contests, national or worldwide... It really doesn't matter.
Purchases of 100-150 dollars are quite good enough. By the way, CT is
now free of charge.

K> My old 1900's model WIN98 Compaq 345MHz/128Meg ram is getting a little
K> short of horsepower for many applications, and it's probably time to
K> upgrade.

K> What solutions are available in current-production machines which will
K> allow me to have at least 3 serial ports and run DOS loggers CT and
K> Hyperlog in 'real' DOS environments.   (No, I'm not a Luddite, but after
K> several hundred dollars of purchases, I haven't found ANY Windows logging
K> programs that appeal to me, and I'm not interested in looking at any more.)

K> While my current machine is very adequate to continue to use for 'radio'
K> stuff, unfortunately my shack and my office are the same place, and I don't
K> have room for two sets of monitor/keyboard.

K> Ideas?

K> 73, de Hans, K0HB
K> --
K>   I found it!  http://tinyurl.com/upn9