[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 11, Issue 79

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 11, Issue 79
From: "Ron Notarius WN3VAW" <wn3vaw@fyi.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:11:44 -0500
Thanks Alan,

Until this exchange began, I wasn't aware that KG6DX was back in Guam.  Last
I remember hearing was from a then-resident of Guam complaining that certain
individuals were using his old address when applying for FCC licenses, even
though the actually lived in another country and certainly not at thats
address!  In fact, I didn't even know where he had been, just that he was
not there.  Learn something new everyday, that's one of the things I like
about this list!

I'd like to say that KG6DX was my first Guam contact, but sad to say, he was
my fourth and (to date) last one... in 1990.  Odd that I hadn't noticed that
before, didn't realize it had been that long since I worked someone there!

Bottom line, of course, and getting back to the original point, is that
regardless of what the call appears to tell you, it behooves the operators
on both ends to make sure that the correct location is logged.

73, ron wn3vaw

"What's the point in being crazy if you can't have a little fun with it?"
-- Russell Crowe portraying John Nash, "A Beautiful Mind"