Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW - what do I do about unlikely QSO

To: ve3zi@rac.ca
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW - what do I do about unlikely QSO
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kharker@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:59:57 -0600
On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 02:34:01PM +0000, Roger Parsons wrote:
> I operated SO160(A) in the contest. About 30 minutes
> before the end I was called by a station from one of
> the NA DXCC islands. This was the first time I heard
> him over the weekend and I don't think he was
> previously spotted on any band. I have my doubts about
> whether he was genuine - but I'm sure I copied the
> call and exchange correctly. And of course the extra
> multiplier was very welcome.
>
> My first question - do I claim him?

Why not?

Are you going to let packet tell you what you worked or didn't work?

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops