[CQ-Contest] Log Checking Question

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Log Checking Question
From: "Ken Widelitz" <widelitz@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 15:49:51 -0800
During a 15 m USA run late in the contest, I noted a number of stations
duped me where I had the original contact around the same time. It appears
as if I was logging stations who were actually working someone else. I made
a note of these dupes during the contest. I was tempted to delete the
original QSO at that time, but wasn't sure if I would get penalized for a
NIL on the original QSO in my log.

So, the question is, do I get dinged for a NIL in this situation? If so,
then I should have removed the 1st QSO as I was tempted to do.

The tough question is, if I know I'll get dinged for a NIL, and I made the
notes during the contest, should I remove them now. (Flame Suit Donned)

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT