Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 160 & DX Particpation

To: "KEN SILVERMAN" <k2kw@prodigy.net>,"[Contest Reflector]" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 160 & DX Particpation
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 05:01:40 -0000
Wait just a 'DANG' minute. Why can't we US hams have our own contests? The
rest of the world has contests which don't favor us. Why is it we think we
must pander to every single whiner? U.S. ham-radio doeesn't need to pander
to more groups who won't subscribe to the magazines, add no benefit to our
contesting efforts, and in no way improve ham-radio in the U.S.A.
Let us show some pride, these are our contests with our rules, if you don't
like it don't participate.
To the 6Y5 guys, how many weekends a year now are there contests you can
participate, for full credit, 5, 10, 15 ? In other words there are plenty. A
rule change, for the sake of making a rule change, which benefits no one in
the U.S. is a 100% ridiculous idea and will ultimately dilute the contest.

MAL                N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
www.citlink.net/~suzyq/N7mal.htm
www.geocities.com/n7mal