[CQ-Contest] Fwd: Advisory Committee Ground Rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: Advisory Committee Ground Rules
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 19:12:55 -0500
Re our recent discussion about the ARRL 160, I just received the following from the Chairman of the Membership Services Committee, which oversees the CAC and DXAC.

Thanks for directing your question to me and for the good holiday wishes.  I
also appreciate your knowledge of the issue and that you stated your case so
well.

You asked:  "I've been told that the advisory committees can discuss or study
issues [at their own initiative], and that they can make suggestions or
requests to the Membership Services Committee as to matters that should be
studied.   I've further been told that they may not conduct a study on
their own and release the results as a committee to anyone but the
MSC.  Can you confirm or clarify?"

I can confirm this. What you have stated is pretty much the case.

You also wrote:  "Does this even rise to the level of a CAC or MSC issue, or
could Dan Henderson do this on his own authority, since it does not involve a
rule change, just the content of the write-up?  If it does take an MSC
decision, should interested contesters raise the issue with their CAC reps or
with their Directors, both or neither?"

Because of the limitted space issue, Dan would not be able to accomplish what
you are asking for in QST.  However, he could very well increase the space
allotted on the web site.  If that is what you are looking for, I let me know
and I'll get with Wayne, N7NG, and see what we can work out.

To change the coverage in QST, the CAC could look at it.  If you would like
the CAC to do that, I recommend that you contact your CAC representative or
your director.  The CAC can discuss it informally and then make a
recommendation to the MSC if they feel a formal consideration is warranted.

If you quote this e-mail, please quote it in its entirety.  I hate it when
things get taken out of context.  ;-)

73 and all the best to you and your's for the holidays.

Coy
MSC Chairman

73, Pete N4ZR Happy Holidays Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm