[CQ-Contest] Re: Operating from a cruise ship

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Operating from a cruise ship
From: "Salina Physician Anesthesia" <spa@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:50:47 GMT
Anyone operate /MM from a cruise ship? What do you need to do to get
permission?

73 Jamie WW3S

I took my ft-817 to Antarctica on the Lindblad ship. Captain gave me permission to operate. The radio op, Sven, chuckled about my one watt and makeshift dipole on 10 and 15M. Tough to get anyone to listen down there with no reflector available. Lindblad is the group that has a trip for hams to Svalbard. Doubt the big cruise lines will be as flexible with their no bridge, etc rules. I want to do the Falkland to Eu translocation cruise with Lindblad with more power. Great outfit.

N0UU