Re: [CQ-Contest] CB QRM in 10m test (opposite)

To: "Jim Smith" <jimsmith@shaw.ca>,"CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>,"Bob Perring" <N5RP@pdq.net>, "Mike Hance" <k5nz@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CB QRM in 10m test (opposite)
From: "Chuck Dietz" <w5pr@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:22:41 -0600
I am a little uncomfortable with talk of intentionally QRMing an ongoing
communication even if it is unlicensed.  There are legal CB operators on 10
meters by the way.  Those of you with big and high antennas will hear the
mass of tiny carriers when the band is open to YB.  I don't remember
anything in the regulations that would allow seeking out stations to QRM.
While you need not be concerned about accidentally QRMing an illegal
operators, I don't think it is proper to intentionally or systematically QRM
them.  We are a country of laws, not "self-help" policing.

Chuck W5PR