RE: [CQ-Contest] FT1000 or FT1000MP? (LONG)

To: "'Steve Jones'" <steve@rjtraining.fsnet.co.uk>,CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] FT1000 or FT1000MP? (LONG)
From: "Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 12:22:16 -0500
Steve,

IMHO, The 1000D is a much better contest rig than the MP and is much better
on the low bands as well. The MP always sounds muffled to me by comparison.
My biggest beef with the MP is the AGC, which is too fast for dealing with
large contest pileups (even with the INRAD AGC mod.) Keep the 1000D.

73, Dick WC1M