Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: DX Participation in NAQP Contests

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: DX Participation in NAQP Contests
From: John Laney <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:01:13 -0500
It seems to me that the answer to my college roommate's (K4QPL's) concerns is that DX stations are already included. I was just trying to encourage their participation, thinking from the point of view of the "left out" DX participant in the Eu and A-P Sprints. DX stations in NAQPs count for points, but not for mutlipliers. A US station who operated in NAQPs and tried to work a lot of DX would be a fool if he cared about the score because they count as 0 multipliers. An east coast DXer could work DX all day long in a NAQP (if that were possible with 100 watts and a down cycle) and his score would be zero since he would have zero multipliers.

73,

John, K4BAI.