Re: [CQ-Contest] Secrets of Contesting, Chapter 14

To: n6tj@sbcglobal.net, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Secrets of Contesting, Chapter 14
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 09:20:14 -0500
At 11:19 PM 1/30/04 -0800, James Neiger wrote:
These are the days of PACKET.  Love it or leave it.  We are all
beneficiaries of its prowess and victims of its success.
But recognizing that it is, and most probably always will be,you need
optimize your chance of being a beneficiary, and not a victim.

I extracted this little snippet from Jim's excellent posting, because I just had an evil thought ...

Frequently, late in a DX contest I'm S&Ping for additional mults, and typically find some juicy ones on 15 or 10 that are going widely unnoticed. Since I never operate assisted when I'm serious, the thought occurred to me -- why not spot these goodies when I find them, so that the howling packet multitudes will descend and lessen the probability of my unassisted competition finding/working them, before they give up and QRT in disgust.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database
Updated 9 Jan 04
www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm