RE: [CQ-Contest] contesting tips

To: "Hanlon, Steve" <SHanlon@dnr.state.md.us>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] contesting tips
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:50:15 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Hanlon, Steve wrote:

> >If working USB, tuning from the bottom increased the time to find the
> >correct frequency and >it was better to work from the top down.
>
> i made an error that i didn't catch until re-reading the post.  USB should be
> tuned from the bottom and LSB from the top.  i fix computers all day and USB
> is etched in my brain.  sorry for the error.
>
> -steve hanlon
> KB3KAQ

In the same manner, I like to tune into a CW signal by hearing the pitch
drop as I tune into it.  My TS-850SAT has the "CW-R" feature that reverses
the sideband on CW.  So I usually start off doing S&P by tuning up the
band from the bottom in normal CW mode, working everyone I can, then
switching to CW-R mode and tuning down the band, etc.

73, Zack W9SZ