[CQ-Contest] Armed with a Bencher

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Armed with a Bencher
From: "Art Boyars" <art.boyars@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:41:32 -0500
An overwhelming mob of inquirers (one) prompted me to look for the reference on
the article.  It took 40 minutes of digging
through the box, but I found it: "Come Out With Your Hands Up! I'm Armed With a
Bencher!", by Bill Shrader, K2TNO, in National Contest Journal, Volume 17
Number 4, July/August 1989.

Bill wrote several other entertaining articles for NCJ in the late '80s.
Indeed, there are lots of good articles in those the old issues.  (In the
Jan/Feb 1989 issue WB0IKN and NI0E say that computer logging is good for DX
contests, but they recommend against it for SS.)  I had been thinking of
getting rid of my box full of old issues, but as I scanned through them looking
for "Armed With a Bencher", I changed my mind.

73, Art K3KU