[CQ-Contest] RE: [FCG] K4OJ SK

To: <fcg@kkn.net>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: [FCG] K4OJ SK
From: "WC4E Jeff" <wc4e@innet.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:07:27 -0500
Another big loss in contesting and a friend. Jim has been such a great
friend over the last 15 years I knew him personally and especially the
last 10 after starting the FCG. Jim said "Why not a contest club in
Florida?" when there were only a few contesters in the state. He was key
and instrumental in growing it into what is today. He was very proud of
what it became and how may friends it brought together in the state. The
FCG will be 10 years old March 7th 2004. The FQP is right up there with
it in K4OJ positive thinking and action.

While this is a very sad day for all, I'm going try think of all the
great times we had like all the late nights/mornings at Dayton, all the
other great Florida Hamfests, numerous road trips, meetings, contests
and of course all the preparation and Multi's at the W1CW/W1YL QTH over
the years. His proudest being the recent W1CW memorial effort for WW CW
2003. So many good times to ever list, and I will treasure them all. We
hope that you treasure your very own K4OJ memories. K9PG sent me this,
it helps remember some of them:
http://images.google.com/images?q=k4oj&filter=0

My heartfelt condolences to the entire White family. Thank you Jim for
the great times for the FCG and contesting! We will miss you.

Jeff WC4E