Re: [CQ-Contest] K4OJ SK]

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] K4OJ SK]
From: Bob Naumann - N5NJ <n5nj@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:10:05 -0600
Craig,

I'm sorry that you didn't get a chance to know Jim.  He was everything that all
the writers have said thus far.

I've been putting Jim's callsigns in my log since the fall of 1973.  I met Jim
in person around 1980 or 81 in Dayton.  Like was mentioned by someone else, Jim
made you feel like a life-long friend when you met him for the first time.
After that, you were his life-long friend.

Seeing Jim in Dayton every year is something that I will remember fondly.  As
he and I are about the same age, it also brings a sense of transition from just
being happy kids, to being an adult and dealing with things like the death of
your good friends.

Every time I was with Jim, I felt like I was a teenager without a care in the
world.  As others have said, his sense of humor was brilliant.  He found things
funny that not everyone does, but for those of us who were right in line with
him, it built an even  stronger bond because of that.

Jim loved ham radio.  He loved his countless friends.

I miss him terribly already.

73,
Bob N5NJ