[CQ-Contest] W6CF MEMORIAL TROPHY

To: <sccc-bounces@contesting.com>,"Nccc@Contesting.Com" <nccc@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] W6CF MEMORIAL TROPHY
From: "James Neiger" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:00:39 -0800
All:

Just to remind you that next weekend's ARRL CW DX CONTEST will be the
inaugural opportunity to compete for the Jim Maxwell W6CF Memorial Trophy,
to be awarded annually to the highest scoring single operator, operating
unassisted, within the state of California.

Expeditions to California to qualify for this trophy are welcomed.

 The winner will be presented the trophy at the 2005 Visalia DX Convention.

This trophy will be one to be coveted.  It's been a year now since we lost
Jim Maxwell, and I'm hoping that many of you will be able to be active next
weekend - maybe remembering Jim, and all he brought to our hobby and to so
many of his friends.

 Jim was a Founding Member of the NCCC, its first Jug Editor, and as he was
first licensed here in Southern California, a member of the Southern
California DX Club back in the 1950's, and he had his first national win in
the ARRL CW Sweepstakes from here.  Jim Maxwell's contributions to ham
radio, and contesting, and DX, were truly state-wide and world-wide.

I depart in 2 days for ZD8, and as Jim (1) picked my ZD8Z call when I first
moved there in 1968, and (2) was my QSL Manager while there, and (3) was,
more than any other, my mentor in contesting, you may rest assured that he
will be often in my thoughts over the course of the 48 hours of this
contest.  I hope that you also will feel compelled to honor Jim's memory.

And of course, we will be thinking about Jim White K4OJ, and his untimely
passing, and how we could always count on QSO's from that Jim too.

I can think of no better way to honor Jim and Jim than to exercise their
favorite mode -CW!

Vy 73,

Jim Neiger  N6TJ