RE: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW writeup

To: "'Scott R.'" <w4pa@yahoo.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW writeup
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:17:22 -0500
Hi, Scott. One of the highlights for me was averaging 128/hr on 20/15 for
nine straight hours Saturday 1100z-2000z. There was a 90 hour in there, so
the average for the other eight was even higher. That's remarkable for
single monobanders at 72/50 feet respectively. Another high point was
running 100 hours to EU on 80 using a delta loop while picking off 160 EU
mults on a low trapped inverted vee. Propagation gave us the best rates to
EU I've ever seen on 160-15. One of the low points was realizing after the
contest that I missed the brief 10m opening Saturday morning while the
10-minute rate was pushing 200/hr on 15. That cost me 40 mults and a
mid-top-ten finish. Dumb mistake.

73, Dick WC1M

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools