[CQ-Contest] Elecraft, TenTec & contesting radios

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Elecraft, TenTec & contesting radios
From: "Brad Hedges" <bhedges@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 21:47:45 -0500
Bill, W4ZV, wrote:

1.  Ergonomically-friendly product design (think LARGE like Orion
or the FT-1000 family) both physically and functionally.

AMEN, Brother! I recently had a chat with one of the owners of Elecraft
basically talking about this exact subject. I had posted on the Elecraft
reflector looking for advice on choosing a rig for contesting and DXing (I
ended up with an FT-1000MP).

Size, ergonomics, notch/shift/width features, and not much more, and I would
have bought a loaded K2 (K2+, whatever) instead, since I just couldn't swing
an Orion. (Hey, I'm an NCO in the Army, not a white-collar professional)

Anyway, Wayne was very interested in my opinions as to why a K2 wouldn't
suit me for my primary station rig, and this personal attention to the
market is standing them in good stead with many satisfied Hams.

My two cents worth.

CQ-Contest mailing list