Re: [CQ-Contest] Out of band signals

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Out of band signals
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 08 Mar 2004 23:40:41 -0600
On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 14:55, Barry wrote:
> Just a reminder...
> If operating USB, you need to stay about 3 KHz below the upper band
> edge (and above the lower band edge on LSB).  For example, I heard
> CU3GD CQing on 14349.3 (maybe OK in his country?) and LOTS of
> stateside guys were answering him.  Watch out for Popkin-grams, or
> worse, Riley-grams on that one!

I took a couple of notes on this one...

Sunday morning, heard US7IGF running on 21448.5.  (he didn't work anyone
while I was listening)  Thought that was too close to the edge to call -
then I noted someone who appeared to be running even higher!

Turned out to be YL2GP on 21449.85.  While listening, he worked three
W's.  (all East Coast)
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66

CQ-Contest mailing list