Re: [CQ-Contest] IC7800 -

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IC7800 -
From: "Vladimir V. Sidorov" <eu1sa@belsonet.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:32:09 -0000
Hi all,

> If you're an early adopter, you probably accept the risk that what you buy
> will turn out to be buggy, poorly designed or unreliable. You see that as
an
> acceptable tradeoff for being the first one on the block to get it. (What
> drove the early adopters of the Yugo, who knows...)

A few days ago I had a long ragchewing QSO with one of the first happy
IC-7800 owners. It is actually an addendum to an impressive list of radios
he is running. The what he said in awhile was, with his experience he is
always trying to get radios of the very first serial numbers (his 7800 is
No.15 or so)... Meaning, the very early ones are really well adjusted, as a
producer pays really high attention to his product until it is really well
polished. When the polishing is quite finished, then they start just running
its production ...
Sounds quite reasonable.

>Is the 7800 three times the radio the
> Orion or FT-1000MP Mark V is?

Very well said. With all the comments about the first IC-7800 circulating,
as well as other info about it (the main essence of them is, the IC-7800 is
still COMPARABLE to other hi-line today's radios), I personally most likely
will stick on my IC-775DSP.

73,
Vladimir EU1SA