Re: [CQ-Contest] Lost leading 'dit' - summary

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>,"VR2BrettGraham" <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Lost leading 'dit' - summary
From: "Stuart Santelmann KC1F" <kc1f@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:34:33 -0000
> Look at cars - again, great when new, but how many of the Japanese
> really last?  Some can, but the body won't last long enough - for most,
> is always some shortcoming.  In the Japan, there is essentially nothing
> a four-year-or-older car as they get rid of them as the gov't taxes them
> off the
> road for fear they're unsafe (they go so nuts in repairing crashed cars
> crashed cars never get repaired).  Same products get sold to export
markets -
> maybe with stronger bumpers, more emission controls, but the platform is
> same & is meant to be thrown away.

I have a 1989 Honda Civic bought new, and still running fine with 360,000
miles.  Original engine, original clutch.  It has some minor rust after 15
New Hampshire winters.  It's the most reliable car I've ever owned.  It
survived being hit by a Chrysler minivan that was totalled in the process.
My wife's '89 Accord has 200,000 miles.  At one point my entire program at
work had Hondas.  My inlaws own Hondas.  My daddy and my granddaddy owned
Hondas (just kidding).  I'd buy Honda ham radios if they made them.  I'd buy
a Honda wife if they made one !

            Over...                Stu            KC1F

CQ-Contest mailing list