Re: [CQ-Contest] Response to K5ZD's Comments

To: va3dx@sympatico.ca, CQ-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Response to K5ZD's Comments
From: K1ZM@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:32:12 EST
Hi Glen

I would support the notion of ADDITIONAL categories as long as the main,
long-tenured 48 hour (no time limit) category remains viable for single-op all
band unassisted entrants - as, to me, that is the "grand-daddy" of them all -
kinda like the DECATHALON in the Olympics..  I think it would be a real mistake
to dilute that - even though I can see the day coming when I probably won't be
able to handle it myself - HI!  If the sponsoring organizations are willing to
ADD such classes for others who have less time to devote (or less energy),
then that would seem to make sense to me.  I would line up behind it....

So YES - your idea for additional categories would make sense to me.  Just
pse do not amend what is the CLASSIC version of the contest - eg: no NEW COKE -
let's stick with the "CLASSIC COKE" for those who still can handle it!  (HI)

CQ-Contest mailing list