Re: [CQ-Contest] Response to K5ZD's Comments

To: n4zr@contesting.com, CQ-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Response to K5ZD's Comments
From: K1ZM@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:38:41 EST
Hi Pete

Pse see my reply to VA3DX on the exact same subject - YES - I would support
additional classes as long as the sponsors are willing to manage them.

I think the 48 hour flavor worldwide DX contest (WW and/or ARRL DX) is the
TOUGHEST category in contesting today and it really is the GOLD STANDARD in DX
contesting - it would be a shame to dilute it.

But, additional flavors for those who might like to participate in them -
sure!  That's  not a bad idea at all.  If it adds activity and makes it more
for more people, then that is a good thing.

It would be up to the sponsors to support and manage them...that's where the
rubber meets the road.

Tks for the neat idea!

CQ-Contest mailing list