Re: [CQ-Contest] Response to K5ZD's Comments

To: CQ-Contest Post <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Response to K5ZD's Comments
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 15 Mar 2004 11:49:21 -0600
On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 08:23, Jim Idelson wrote:
> 2. I'd like to avoid the eventual demise of big-league contesting. I'd much
> prefer to be bringing new, younger, stronger contesters into these events
> than
> to be whittling the events away to accommodate us oldsters.

On the other hand, might the 48-hour period be driving away younger
contesters who have family obligations that retired folks may not face?

On an only very vaguely related subject...  Anyone remember the old
Novice Roundup?  Something like 24 hours of operating time in a ten-day
period...  That would certainly be very different from any contest
currently run - I'd like to see it tried again.
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66

CQ-Contest mailing list