Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: N6AA Golf Analogy

To: <CQ-contest@contesting.com>,"Bud Hippisley, K2KIR" <k2kir@telenet.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: N6AA Golf Analogy
From: <va3dx@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:30:08 -0500
Every year as we all grow older, less and less of us will operate 48 hrs
Geez, in a matter of time the "only" guy who enters as 48 hrs will win !!
Just have a 24 hr category and a 48 hr one as well. That way the interest
will remain with us  and the  Iron Men .

Glenn    va3dx@sympatico.ca

> My thoughts:
> 1.  Keep it at 48 hours.  48 hours makes great sense for an international
contest involving the vagaries of MF and HF ionospheric propagation modes.
> 2.  Add categories (such as "Seniors") if you like.  In fact, if ARRL adds
enough categories, EVERYone will be a Top 10 winner and we will have
succeeded in getting the line scores back in QST....

CQ-Contest mailing list