Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: 24 or 48 hours

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: 24 or 48 hours
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:45:45 -0800
 >So as we reach our second childhood maybe
> we shouldn't keep score either.  No, we have to
> have winners.  I know, how about one winner per
> station location.  Seriously, this debate is
> silly.  Tradition is a 48 hour contest.  Let's
> keep it that way!

How about the 96 hour ARRL contest?  They changed that and I'll bet
people cried, "Oh no, only 48 hours?"  "What a bunch of wimps.  Can't
operate a 96 hour contest."
I seem to remember winners in those contests won with 300-400
contacts.  Great rates!
I also remember there was a quota in the ARRL DX contest.  You only
were allowed to work a certain number of stations in any one country.
Want to go back to that tradition?  Contesting is about change, always
has been and always will be.

CQ-Contest mailing list