Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Sprint is a good idea

To: "CQ-Contest Post" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Sprint is a good idea
From: "Gary K9GS" <GaryK9GS@wi.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:38:58 -0600
From: "Jim Idelson" <k1ir@designet.com>
To: "CQ-Contest Post" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 06:33 AM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] DX Sprint is a good idea

> So, how about a six-hour DX sprint? Call it the Atlantic Challenge [see
> below]. Let's not make it part of the big DX contests. Make it a separate
> contest entirely - on a different weekend. Start at 1000z or so, and run
> through 1600z. This is the peak run time for stations on either side of
> Atlantic - best opportunity to crank out some high rates.

Why don't we do this and call it the East Coast Atlantic Challenge...the
rest of us can then sit back and listen to the East Coast run Europe for a
couple of hours until the rest of the country has some propagation to
Europe.  With any luck the contest will be over by the time W6/7 can work

Great idea!

  Gary Schwartz           email: k9gs@arrl.net
  Society of Midwest Contesters (SMC)     GMDXA

CQ-Contest mailing list