To: "cqcontest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [CQ-Contest] GLASSES & HEADPHONES
From: "Bob Gates" <regates@kingwoodcable.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:27:25 -0600

I know exactly what you're talking about!  Have had the same problem for years.
And ear plug like designs started hurting after a few hours also.  There are
options, however.  Years ago I bought a Telex HTW-2A.  They were perfect!
Assuming background noise isn't an issue, they can be adjusted so that no part
actually touches any part of the ear.  They look sort of like a stethoscope.
Check out at
Worked fine until I wanted the added feature of a boom mike and bought the Heil
ProSet Plus.  Same problem again, plus the heat after wearing for a few hours.
So I marked the cushions and cut a 1/4" slot on each side.  Then covered the
opening with black plastic tape.  Not elegant, but at least there's a little air
circulation and nothing touching my glasses.

73, Bob W7BJ

CQ-Contest mailing list