Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Sprint is a good idea

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Sprint is a good idea
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:57:15 -0800

> I wish to hereby acknowledge that my East Coast station has >an
incredible DX  contest advantage that cannot be overcome from the Mid
West.

I know this was tounge-in-cheek, but there is one thing I'd like to
say.  While stations in New England are running Europe in -20 degree
weather and snow on a contest weekend, here on the Oregon coast it is
is usually about 50-60 degrees.  And that is not only on the contest
weekends, but the rest of the week as well.  Been great weather here
today and supposed to get to 70 degrees tomorrow and be sunny all day.
Think I'd rather have that.  73
Tom W7WHY