[CQ-Contest] NCJ Topic: Peace Dividend

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Topic: Peace Dividend
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:54:24 EST
To all:

One of the unexpected benefits of ending the Cold War has been the
availability of parts, particularly RF parts and tubes, from former Soviet
countries. For the next "Contesting on a Budget" installment, I'd like your
on how this "peace dividend" has impacted our hobbie:

- What are your experiences with Russian and/or eastern bloc tubes and parts?

- Does any of your current equipment utilize these items?

- Do you plan on modifying any existing amplifiers to accomodate inexpensive
eastern bloc tubes or parts?

- Does this availiability encourage you to homebrew equipment, particularly

- Please add any other comments on this subject that you may feel are

Thanks in advance, I will appreciate your inputs!

Paul, K5AF

CQ-Contest mailing list