RE: [CQ-Contest] Self Spotting

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Self Spotting
From: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:24:45 -0600
> Because I prefer to call stations than to call CQ, I still think
> the run station should get 1x points per QSO, and the calling station
> who answers the CQ should get 2x points per QSO, to bring parity
> between S&P/Spots-workers and CQ'ers scores; when I do run, my
> rate is just about double the rate when I work spots-only.  Or at
> least I'd like an asterick by my call if I certify that I never
> called CQ, so I can compare my score with the many other non-runners!

Barry, if you feel that CQ'ing stations should be penalized, why not just
not work them?

Wouldn't that be a lot simpler?

But, wait!  If you don't work the CQ'ing stations, you won't have anyone to

Why would you want to penalize the very stations on whom you depend for your

dale, kg5u

CQ-Contest mailing list