[TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] SteppIR 4 Element Yagi - Analysis and Thoug

To: "William H. Hein" <Bill@AA6TT.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] SteppIR 4 Element Yagi - Analysis and Thoughts
From: "Grillo's" <ah3c@frii.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 05:14:40 -0600
Got my QST yesterday.  Full page ad on the 7-30.....wow, I'm drooling!  The
120' tower is Rohn 55.  I wonder if it could handle the 7-30 on top.  I'm
planning to double guy with star mount on top.  We get some serious winds up
here.

I like the Delta loop idea for 160!  To polarize vertically, where would I feed
and what is the impedance?  Beverages are in the works.  Chuck and George (K0RF
and W0UA) were successful in 2002 CQWW working northern UA and other prefixes
long path on 160 during a 30 minute stretch in the early morning hours.  I was
most impressed!

BTW - my first antenna party is this weekend.  Putting up 15/20/40 setup on a
30' pushup fixed to 4-land.  Goal is to do FQP.  Make sure you can find some
time to participate 4/24-25.  LN has the countdown clock running....

OJ